The program considers applications regardless of race, sex or religion. The only cost to our clients is that of a background check which is ~35.00 and paid directly to the background provider. Clients are not required to participate in fundraising or public relations activities without their expressed and voluntary permission.
WFSD APPLICATION STAGES
Stage 1 Qualification Screening
Stage 2 Application Process
- Step 1 Online application
- Step 2 Paperwork – (DD214, Verification of PTSD, Self-Assessment)
- Step 3 Phone Interview
- Step 4 Background Check
Stage 3 Monthly Open House
- Expectation Form Signed
- Home Visit Expectations
Stage 4 Admissions Review Team
- Final Approval or Disapproval to become a Candidate
Stage 5 Pre-training w/K9 Candidates & Final Home Visit
Stage 6 Candidate/Dog Training
- 8 weeks in duration
- Twice a week: once in a group and once in individual training sessions
- Work on individualized tasks specific to Candidates needs
Stage 7 Graduation
- Candidates & dogs are recognized as an official service dog team.
Stage 8 Post Graduate Check-ups
- Graduates meet once a month for 6 months then once every other month for 6 months with Head Trainer to refresh service dog team skills.
Stage 9 – Annual Recertification
- Graduates must recertify as a service dog team yearly through the passing of the PAT
Stage 10 – Ownership Transfer
- After the first year of recertification, the graduate is awarded ownership of their service dog
*Due to limited resources, we are unable to train veteran owned dogs for our program.
**Click to view Warrior Freedom Service Dogs, Inc. Grievance Policy**